Family and Sexuality Issues
- The continuation and expansion of the Birth-to-Three-for-All DC Act
- Greater allocation of public spending on childcare
- A maximum 40-hour work week
- Instituting a system of remuneration for domestic labor
- Investment in services for the LGBTQI+ community
- Investment in home visits by social workers
I believe in increased access to childcare and, therefore, fully support increased funding for the Birth-to-Three-for-All DC Act. However, I also believe that parents should have more time to raise their own children rather than outsourcing it to others. Therefore, I support a maximum 40 hour work week modelled on the labor laws developed in France in the 1980s during the presidency of Francoise Mitterrand. I also support introducing a law to make domestic labor paid like any other form of work.
On LGBTQI+ issues, I support a crackdown on discriminatory employment practices, particularly against transgendered citizens. If elected, I would pledge greater funding for LGBTQI+ public services and local institutions such as Casa Ruby. I would furthermore propose a campaign aimed at combatting anti-LGBTQI+ hate crimes and raising public awareness about issues facing the LGBTQI+ community.